Interested in novel systems and protocols for the emerging Internet of Things. In particular, a two- faceted approach: (i) design and evaluation of protocols and algorithms and (ii) their application in systems and experimenting platforms of the Future Internet. The main thematic pillars of research include:
- Algorithmic aspects of Wireless Sensor Networks
- Fundamental aspects of modern/future networking
- Mobile Crowdsensing Systems
- Algorithmic aspects of Wireless Power Transfer
- Design and implementation of IoT systems and testbeds
- Scholarship of Excellence of the Swiss Federal Government for Foreign Researchers 2013-2014
Bourse d'excellence de la Confédération suisse pour chercheurs étrangers
Individual Project: Models, Algorithms and Performance Evaluation for Radiation Aware Wireless Networking
- Best Thesis award by WebScienceNet, University of Patras, 2012.
Thesis:Efficient Data Collection Protocols for Wireless Sensor Networks.
- Among the 10 semi-finalists of the international innovation competition IPSO Challenge 2013 organized by IPSO Alliance for conceptualising, designing and developing Control Cube. Story has been covered by international press (The Wall Street Journal), major Greek press (To Vima, Kathimerini, Eleuterhotypia), Greek web portals (newsit, thebest, dete).